Sunday, July 30, 2006

OMKARA

yESTERdAY mE n mY Friends had been to watch OMKARA. Though the movie reviewers have voted it to be good, frankly speaking I didn't enjoy watching it, atleast the most part of it.


Saif's character and role is great. Ajay too looks great in his language and accent as a UP guy. These are the only 2 positives that I can see out of this movie. The slangs are too much to hear in a single movie. Bips is said to be in special appearence, but the time space alloted is more than the main herione Miss KK. The only character who has not used a slang is Miss. KK and hence I think her role is very short.
In this era of music and dance, this doesn't fit even to a small mm of an inch.

What you guys think???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogworld, ravi...

Anonymous said...

Can you please clarify the last sentence..?? Not every movie needs to be a nach-gana infested...
FYI... I was also one of the friends that the author went to the movie with.. In my view, it was a good movie.. pretty unusual.. but good..

Anonymous said...

I think, though Bips used some slangs, her role was shorter than Kareena..But her role was pretty instrumental for the movie, hence that might give you different feeling regarding the length of the role..I liked the character of Saif Ali Khan and he played it really well...The movie was pretty good..Seems like the orignator of this had expected a comic strip with "Jatin-Lalit" kind of music score..

Anonymous said...

Ravi,
I think I do not completely agree with your review. The slang & swearwords used in the movie are an essential part of the movie. That is the element that brings out the raw feel to "Omkara". And the way the characters speak, you instantly connect with it, coz thats how many people speak in private (Of course, the swearwords used would be much milder)
But Saif is simply BRILLIANT. His character is similar to Abhishek Bachchan's character in Yuva. He also is too self-centred to care about the people close to him & is crazy about power. And his performance is also equally powerful.
My overall impression of the movie was great..., not exactly your timepass entertainer, but a great movie nonetheless. Verdict: "Paisa Vasool"
Cheers,
Adi

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ravi...
I was pretty lucky not to view this movie as your and mine tastes match a lot.
However I missed the shopping part of it.

Raviraj Vader said...

Dear Anonymous,
I have given my comments. I would like that you give your comments on the topic and not comment about my comments.
Anyway for your information the last sentence of the blog means that it neither does have a good music which can be felt and enjoyed nor it makes me dance, a kinda hip-hop music.